Leading Global Lift Truck Manufacturer
- Leading market share positions with large, installed population base
- Comprehensive, updated global product line
- Globally integrated operations with economies of scale
Leading Brands and Market Share
Hyster® and Yale® are among the most recognized brands in the lift truck industry.
- Leading market share positions in the Americas and worldwide
- In business for more than 80 years
Both brands, along with the Company's UTILEV® brand, serve the needs of customers across the manufacturing and services spectrum and deliver core competencies in product support and fleet management. Hyster® has an additional competency in Big and Jumbo Trucks, serving the needs of ports, steel and rail. UTILEV® is a utility lift truck that meets the needs of basic applications.
- Hyster-Yale is one of the top three world leaders in the lift truck industry based on units as of December 2014
- Growth potential in all markets, but in particular, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and China
In 2014, Hyster-Yale through its operating company, Hyster-Yale Group, acquired Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC, an alternative-power technology company focused on fuel-cell stacks and related systems, on-site hydrogen production and dispensing systems.
Comprehensive Product Line
- Class 1: Electric counterbalanced rider lift trucks: 1 ton - 5.5 ton capacity
- Class 2: Electric narrow aisle lift trucks: 1.5 ton - 6 ton capacity
- Class 3: Electric hand lift trucks: 1.5 ton - 8 ton capacity
- Class 4: Internal combustion engine counterbalanced lift trucks, cushion tire: 1 ton - 7 ton capacity
- Class 5: Internal combustion engine counterbalanced lift trucks, pneumatic tire: 1 ton - 52 ton capacity
See Hyster-Yale's product line >>
Hyster and Yale have developed partnerships to support customer needs in equipment, financing, alternative energy and high-quality global product availability.
- Exclusive North America joint venture in materials handling with Well Fargo to provide a secure and competitive source of equipment and operational financing for customers and dealers in the United States. In addition, Hyster-Yale has contractual relationships with leading third-party equipment financing companies to provide customer-based and/or dealer-based financing solutions on four continents: Wells Fargo in North America; DLL, Unicredit, GECC, and BNP in Europe; DLL in South America-Brazil; DLL and GECC in Australia and New Zealand; SMFL in SE Asia and Onyx in China.
- Over 40-year-old joint venture in product development and manufacturing in Japan with Sumitomo Heavy Industries
- Product development and supply partnerships with hydrogen fuel cell, telemetry devices and advanced battery manufacturers to ensure customers have access to the latest in energy-efficient technologies to increase sustainability, reduce operational costs and improve productivity
Global Scope of Operations
Economic Engine Driven by Unit Volume
Large, Global-Installed Population
- Estimated 830,000 Hyster® and Yale® lift trucks in operation worldwide (as of December 31, 2015)
- Large, installed base provides barrier to entry and assures ongoing parts revenue
- Fleet Management Program provides customers with value-added services that include service, aftermarket parts and comprehensive management of materials handling needs.
- Comprehensive global proprietary and “all-makes” service parts program
- Service parts can result in recurring, higher-margin revenues
- Aftermarket parts sales represented approximately 13% of Hyster-Yale's annual revenues in 2015.
Experienced Management Team
- Strong team of long-term Hyster-Yale managers and executives with global experience
- Supported by professionals recruited from leading industrial companies, such as Eaton, Case, Sumitomo, Ingersoll Rand and Ford
Highly Professional Dealers
- Strong, stable network of independent dealers in key markets
- Global operations supplying both Hyster® and Yale® dealer networks
- Independently owned and operated dealers with exclusive product and sales territories
- Certain dealers represent both Hyster® and Yale® in defined territories
- Strong global distribution drives market share
National Accounts Program
- Direct-sales National Accounts program
- Focused on strategic customers with centralized purchasing and geographically dispersed operations across dealer territories.
Diversified Customer Base
A diversified customer base reduces exposure to individual customer or industry risk.
- Substantial geographic distribution with 69% of 2015 sales in the Americas market, 24% in the Europe, Middle East and Africa markets and 8% in China and other Asia-Pacific markets
- Hyster-Yale markets industrial lift trucks into numerous end-user applications utilized in more than 750 industries (as of December 31, 2015)
- No industry or customer concentration