About Hyster-Yale Materials Handling
Creation of Hyster-Yale
On September 28, 2012, Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. (NYSE: HY) was formed as a public company following a spin-off from NACCO Industries, Inc.
Hyster-Yale is a leading global designer, engineer, seller and servicer of a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names.
Lift trucks and component parts are manufactured in the United States, Northern Ireland, Mexico, The Netherlands, Italy, the Philippines, Vietnam, Japan, Brazil and China:
- Leading global lift truck brands in terms of units sold
Large installed base that drives parts sales
- Approximately 815,000 units worldwide as of December 31, 2013
- Diverse customer and application base
- Global independent dealer network
- Comprehensive, updated global product line
- Globally integrated operations with economies of scale
- Experienced management team
- Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with over 5,100 employees in 10 countries
2013 Financial Results
- Revenues: $2.7 billion
- Operating Profit: $134.3 million
- Net Income: $110.0 million
- Cash: $175.7 million
- Debt: $69.5 million
- Net Cash: $106.2 million
- Operating profit margin of 7 percent at the mid-point of the market cycle
- Understand customer needs at the
product and aftermarket levels in order to create and provide a full range of differentiated product and service solutions for specific industry applications,
- Offer the lowest cost of ownership
by utilizing the Company's understanding of customers' major cost drivers and
developing solutions that consistently lower cost of ownership and create a
differentiated competitive position,
- Enhance independent distribution by implementing programs aimed at broadening account coverage of the market, expanding the Company's dual-brand ownership strategy, and ensuring dealer excellence in all areas of the world,
- Improve the Company's warehouse market position through enhancing dealer and customer support, adding products, increasing incentives, and implementing programs to increase focus on key customers, and
- Expand in Asian markets by offering products aimed at the needs of these markets, enhancing distribution excellence and focusing on strategic alliances with local partners in China, India and Japan.
Certain statements on this page that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that arise after the posting of this data to the website. Click here to see the Company's full Forward-Looking Statement Disclaimer/Risks and Uncertainties Statement.