About Hyster-Yale Materials Handling
Hyster-Yale is a leading global designer, engineer, manufacturer, seller and servicer of a complete line of electric, warehousing and internal combustion engine lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally primarily under the Hyster® and Yale® brand names.
Lift trucks and component parts are manufactured in the United States, Northern Ireland, Mexico, The Netherlands, the Philippines, Brazil, Japan, Italy, Vietnam and China.
- Leading global lift truck brands in terms of units sold
Large installed base that drives parts sales
- Approximately 825,000 units worldwide as of December 31, 2014
- Diverse customer and application base
- Global independent dealer network
- Comprehensive, updated global product line
- Globally integrated operations with economies of scale
- Experienced management team
- Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with over 5,400 employees in 10 countries
On December 18, 2014 Hyster-Yale acquired, through its operating company
Hyster-Yale Group, Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC with core competencies in fuel cell stacks
and related systems.
2014 Financial Results
- Revenues: $2.8 billion
- Operating Profit: $148.8 million
- Net Income: $109.8 million
- Cash: $111.4 million
- Debt: $31.5 million
- Net Cash: $79.9 million
- Operating profit margin of 7 percent at peak of current market cycle and at the mid-point of the next market cycle
- Understand customer needs at the
product and aftermarket levels in order to create and provide a full range of differentiated products and develop service solutions for specific industry applications,
- Offer the lowest cost of ownership
by utilizing the Company's understanding of customers' major cost drivers and
developing solutions that consistently lower cost of ownership and create a
differentiated competitive position,
- Enhance independent distribution by implementing programs aimed at broadening account coverage of the market, expanding the Company's dual-brand ownership strategy, attracting best-in-class dealers from competitors, and ensuring dealer excellence in all areas of the world,
- Improve the Company's warehouse market position through enhancing dealer and customer support, adding products, and implementing programs to increase focus on key customers,
- Expand in Asian markets by offering products aimed at the needs of these markets, enhancing distribution excellence and focusing on strategic alliances with local partners in China, India and Japan,
- Enhance the company's Big Truck market position through continued introduction of new products, improving its global team, and highlighting its global capabilities to customers,
- Strengthen and align its sales and marketing organization in all geographic regions, and
- Focus on commercializing Nuvera's technology through the introduction of new fuel cell and improved hydrogen generation products.
Certain statements on this page that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly revise these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that arise after the posting of this data to the website. Click here to see the Company's full Forward-Looking Statement Disclaimer/Risks and Uncertainties Statement.